CHLPI is looking for a part-time (17.5 hours a week with full benefits) administrative assistant to serve as the faculty assistant to two faculty members and report to the faculty and the Administrative Director of the Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation (CHLPI) of Harvard Law School.
This position performs a wide range of administrative duties in support of the faculty and the successful day-to-day operations and administration of a dynamic and complex department. CHLPI’s mission is to advocate for legal, regulatory, and policy reforms that promote equitable and effective health, public health and food systems, and is a clinical teaching program of Harvard Law School that mentors students to become skilled, innovative, and thoughtful practitioners as well as leaders in health, public health, and food law and policy. The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of CHLPI’s team, completing key tasks that meet the needs of faculty, students, staff, and external contacts.
- Course logistics: Preparing course materials; developing and maintaining course and faculty websites; corresponding with students; organize all in-class needs such as guest speakers, catering, and others as they arise.
- Student logistics: Providing quality customer service to students for responding to inquiries, scheduling office hours for faculty; preparing letters of recommendation; among other student logistical needs.
- Finances: Processing and tracking expense reports and reimbursements for faculty; maintaining and tracking budgets for faculty.
- Travel logistics and scheduling: Arranging travel logistics for faculty, invited guests and visitors including arranging flights, hotels and coordinating other travel needs; maintaining faculty schedules and booking meetings with/for faculty.
- Event planning: Playing a key role in scheduling meetings and events, designing and promoting event collateral, arranging for catering, making room reservations, arranging venue set-ups and A/V, assisting guest speakers, staffing events, and other event planning and execution tasks as needed.
- Program operations and communications: Contributing to website maintenance, social media accounts, and listservs; assisting with design and production of materials; assisting in the preparation of grant proposals and funder reports; and with other communications and development projects as needed.
- Office operations: Overseeing office supply needs and placing orders accordingly, maintaining office equipment, and assisting in smooth day-to-day running of office space.
- Performing other related administrative duties as needed by the faculty and CHLPI.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information and to apply: https://hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs Requisition # 49507BR, Part-Time Administrative Assistant