The Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation (CHLPI) of Harvard Law School and AIDS Alabama will host Beating HCV: An Open Forum on Opportunities and Challenges for Treating Hepatitis C in Alabama on May 27, 2016, from 12:30 – 3:00 pm (CDT) in the Board Room at United Way of Central Alabama, 3600 8th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222
HCV is currently taking a dramatic toll on the health of Alabama residents. At Beating HCV: An Open Forum participants will examine the impact of HCV in Alabama and engage in a discussion regarding the current opportunities and challenges to expanding access to HCV prevention, screening, and treatment.
The forum will feature a panel of experts, including:
- Carmel Shachar, J.D., M.P.H, Clinical Instructor of Law, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School (Moderator)
- Mary G. McIntyre, M.D., M.P.H., State Epidemiologist and Assistant State Officer for Disease Control and Prevention, Alabama Department of Public Health
- Mark E. Wilson, M.D., Health Officer, Jefferson County (AL) Department of Health (Invited, not confirmed)
- Ricardo Franco, M.D., Assistant Professor Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Marissa Tonelli, Senior Manager of Capacity Building & Senior Manager of HealthHCV, HealthHIV
Following this series of brief presentations, all participants will be invited to engage in an open discussion, facilitated by the program organizers.
Please RSVP for the Open Forum using this link.
If you have any questions regarding Beating HCV: An Open Forum, please contact CHLPI at firstname.lastname@example.org.