Join experts from Franklin County and greater Massachusetts to learn the basics about using community and commercial kitchens. Thinking of turning pounds of tomatoes into sauce for donation to a local food pantry? Pickling lots garden veggies? Starting your own food business? Does your town have a school or church kitchen that could be shared with community cooks or food entrepreneurs? This training will introduce you to the resources you need to be safe and successful on your food processing journey! Sample delicious food produced right in the heart of Greenfield. Full dinner will be served.
- Rachel Stoler, Community Health Program Manager, Mass in Motion, Franklin Regional Council of Governments
- Randy Crochier, Food Safety Agent, Franklin Regional Council of Governments
- Joanna Benoit, Food Systems Program Manager, Western Mass. Food Processing Center, Franklin County Community Development Corporation
- Stacey Wood and David Soule, Co-Owners, Whole Harmony
- Erica Kyzmir-McKeon, JD, Attorney and Senior Fellow, Legal Food Hub, Conservation Law Foundation
- Sarah Downer, JD, Associate Director, Center for Health Law & Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School
- Cheryl Sbarra, JD, Senior Staff Attorney, Director of Policy and Law, Massachusetts Association of Health Boards